February 17th, 2009
This bibliography is obviously not meant to be comprehensive. Instead, its a list of some of the resources that I’ve found useful in studying COI over the last few years.
- National institutes of Health Ressources
- CIHR – Conference on Conflicts of interest in research (2007)
- Institutional Conflicts of Interest invitational meeting – Report (2004)
- Web-based seminar on COI – Columbia University’s Center for Bioethics
- Professor Lawrence Lessig’s take on COI and disclosure
- Davis, M. 1999. Ethics and the University, Routledge.
- Davis, M., Stark, A. .2001. Conflict of Interest in the Professions, Oxford University Press.
- Lemmens, T., Waring, D. 2006. Law and Ethics in Biomedical Research; Regulation, Conflict of Interest, and Liability, University of Toronto Press.
- Robinson, G.M. & Moulton, J. 1985/2005. Ethical Problems in Higher Education, Prentice Hall.
- Stark, A. 2000. Conflict of Interest in American Public Life, Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Campbell, T.I.D. 1997. “Public policy for the 21st Century: Addressing potential conflicts in university-industry collaboration” Review of Higher Education 20(4): 357-379.
- Cho, M.K., Shohara, R., Schissel, A. & Rennie, D. 2000. “Policies on faculty conflicts of interest at US universities” Journal of the American Medical Association 284(17): 2203-2208.
- Resnik, D.B. & Shamoo, A.E. 2002. “Conflict of interest and the university” Accountability in Research 9(1): 45-64.
- Lipton, S., Boyd, E.A. & Bero, L.A. 2004. “Conflicts of interest in academic research: Policies, processes, and attitudes” Accountability in Research 11(2): 83-102.
- Campbell, E.G., et al. 2007. “Institutional academic industry relationships” Journal of the American Medical Association 298(15): 1779-1786.
- Ogbogu, U. 2007. “The regulation of conflicts of interest in the Canadian stem cell research environment” Health Law Review 16(2): 41-55.
- Elliott, K.C. 2008. “Scientific judgment and the limits of conflict-of-interest policies” Accountability in Research 15(1): 1-29.
- Hurst, S.A. & Mauron, A. 2008. “A question of method. The ethics of managing conflicts of interest” EMBO Reports 9(2): 119-123.